Sunday, September 14, 2014

About Cigarette News of Chicago

I read news about increasing the city cigarette tax by 75 cents in many times ago. I do not know it become true or not now, but if this become true, Chicago will become the nation’s highest total cigarette taxes. I think it will do more good for our society in some ways.
Firstly, it will decrease the number of cigarette sold with the cigarette tax increase. People tend to buy less with the limit of budget. Cigarette smoking is harmful to people’s health. It can protect their health with decrease using cigarette.
Secondly, the cut in the sale of cigarettes will lower the profit of the cigarette companies. This will help to protect the environment of our life. The environment pollution is still the one of the most important issues of the world. That is a good way to decrease the environment pollution.
The last but not least, the tax income will be used to help the public welfare. It can also help a lot of people to get a better life. I am a non-smoker, I agree with this suggestion.  I hope it will become the true.

1 comment:

  1. I think the United States is on a slow path towards eradicating cigarettes. The taxes on cigarettes are nearly more than the cost of the cigarettes these days. I only wish it were enough to make people take quitting seriously.

    ReplyDelete